Soil Scout is hiring - Embedded Software Engineer
Embedded Software Engineer
We are Soil Scout, world’s leading soil condition sensor provider for green areas. Our team is a combination of agronomical knowledge, technical skills, passion to change the world and mindset to go further and beyond.
Learn more: www.soilscout.com
Soil Scout designs and manufactures the most advanced fully buried underground wireless soil sensor and monitoring solution. It provides soil experts with a constant, accurate, and undisturbed view of critical soil data. We reveal varying underground conditions in real-time which builds understanding of how soils behave and enables proactivity and sustainability in agriculture, sports turf and other environmental maintenance.
Our rapid international growth combined with ambitious new technology and product roadmap calls for an expansion of multi-talented professionals to our facility in Piikkiö, near Turku Finland.
Your main responsibility is to take over the development and maintenance of embedded software for our in-house designed hardware products alongside our electronics designer. You should be experienced in C programming down to register- and bit level, with understanding of the imminent hardware surrounding the core. As all our products are wireless and battery powered, radio protocols and power optimisation experience is a definite plus.
Our globally patented underground radio technology takes us to innovative projects in several sectors, and as a result the whole team has the opportunity to partake in a multitude of R&D, prototyping and manufacturing activities outside bland routines. All of your craftsmanship skills will be made good use of in our startup spirited enterprise.
• Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering
• Embedded systems experience
• Strong C programming skills, C++ a benefit
• Experience in microelectronics
• Proficiency in English
• Good problem solving skills
• Self-driven, capable of working independently
• Code documentation skills
• Design, write, and document firmware for all our hardware products
• Partake in planning and implementation of testing hard- and software
• Participate in future roadmap development
• Solve problems from hardware to UI
• Coach and mentor colleagues
• Assist in technical support for the sales team and end customers
• Support manufacturing and logistics
Primary Job location: Piikkiö, Finland
Join Soil Scout and help us create the future of our awarded solution. What we do is exceptional, and we have just started.
Please send your free form application and CV to Chief Technology Officer Jussi Sirkiä at email@example.com by the end of 7.3.2021.