We Are Hiring in the UK!
An excellent opportunity has arisen, to join industry leading, Remote soil sensing business, Soil Scout.
Soil Scout is fast becoming the go to product, when turf professionals, farmers and agronomists start to look at ways for obtaining real time soil data. And week by week we are adding more customers to our line-up, across all sectors, Golf, Sports turf, Agriculture, and city green areas.
We are looking for a person with a can-do attitude, to join our small, but rapidly growing team. Headquarters are in Helsinki, Finland, with our UK operation based in Shropshire, UK. If you want to become an integral member of a rapidly growing business, then apply using the information below.
Due to our rapid growth we are looking for an ambitious (current or previous) Groundsman, Greenkeeper or sales executive to join the successful Soil Scout team. We expect you to understand the turf industry,, and the different challenges customers face in there everyday business. Your key role will be to identify new business opportunities and generate sales of our product lines, whilst maintaining and developing existing customer and reseller relationships. In addition, you will also be tasked with carrying out other roles, which is imperative for the growth of a relatively small but fast-growing operation.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with industry knowledge who will work closely with the rest of the team, and help us develop other markets, as and when the time requires. the candidate should be someone who is highly driven and enthusiastic about using their own, and our teams knowledge, to help end users become more efficient and sustainable, whilst getting to grips with all the key benefits our product can give to them..
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve and maintain excellent customer satisfaction.
- Ensure customers have a great understanding of Soil Scouts products and services including USPs, features and benefits.
- Promote and undertake customer training sessions, demonstrations.
- Achieve financial revenue targets as set out by the company.
- Maintain high levels of administration via CRM system.
- Utilise the CRM system, to connect with all current leads and opportunities.
- Provide appropriate product and service pricing based on achieving a target net margin
- Attend trade exhibitions, events, and educational seminars in addition to potential overseas travel
- Maintain a periodic customer call cycle calendar including overnight stays
- Actively promote Soil Scouts activities and positively engage with customers using social media, via our social media marketing executive.
Skills and Attributes:
- Be ambitious, motivated, and determined
- Entrepreneurial outlook
- Be flexible and adaptable – overnight stays and potential overseas travel may be required from time to time.
- Be polite, courteous and customer focused
- Be an outstanding communicator and work with minimum of supervision within a team
- Have the ability to prioritise workload and have excellent time management skills
- Be proactive and takes initiative in a logical, highly driven manner
- Good technical knowledge and experience of working in the turf / amenity and/or agricultural sector.
- Positive mindset, and a team player.
- Full and (preferably) clean driving license.
- Ability and willingness to demonstrate products.
- Experience of project management or facilitation skills.
- Willingness and ability to liaise with internal and external departments including, but not limited to, contractors, local authorities, and governing bodies.
- Comfortable liaising with current suppliers and partners.
- Experience of working in a sales environment.
- Proven record of achieving sales targets.
Process to apply:
Please send your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you would suit this position to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com . Alternatively, should you wish to have a confidential informal discussion about the above role, then please feel free to contact Adam Sedgwick (VP International sales) on 07949 429360 Thank you.
Visit www.soilscout.com for further information on our business. Soil Scout is an equal opportunities employer.
37.5 hours/week Monday-Friday
Sunday 22nd November
Dependant on experience and knowledge, with other company benefits, and an aggressive commission structure